In our Sunday School class we have breakfast each first Sunday of the month. Yesterday was a nice treat because a couple brought French Toast Casserole. Yum! When I asked for the recipe, I was happy to hear it is SO EASY to make AND can be made ahead of time!
French Toast Casserole
- Get a loaf of cinnamon and raisin bread and cut the bread into bite-sized or cubed pieces. I like to use bread from Michael’s Bakery.
- Place enough bread in the casserole dish to pretty much cover the bottom.
- Then, take a block of cream cheese and place slices or pieces of it on top of the bread cubes.
- Mix a dozen eggs with two cups of milk and 1/3-1/2 a cup of pancake syrup.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread and cream cheese.
- Place in refrigerator over night.
- In the morning, bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with pancake syrup and powder sugar for sprinkling.